Before I bought the Turbo Action FMVB (no LBA) mentioned in my other post, I purchased a J.W. 50217 FMVB. When I initially tried it, something that I can't recall specifically right now wasn't working correctly, which is when I swapped it for the Turbo Action. When finishing the TA install I found a shift linkage issue that could have been the source of the problem with the J.W., but didn't want to swap valve bodies again to verify this. The TA with the corrected linkage worked fine from day 1.

Getting back to the J.W., the insructions included a step that seems kind of odd now. The instructions covered their manual/automatic, forward manual, and reverse manual valve bodies. That one step was applicable only to the FMVB, and it was to put a cup plug in the case passage to block off the governor pressure hole. I've been looking through various 727 docs and don't see this mod listed anywhere else. Wouldn't this have usually been done as part of the valve body configuration? I can't find an example of how it would have been done, though. How "should" or could it have been done? Thanks - Brad