Originally Posted By 383man
There is no special cap for the recovery system. All rad caps will release at the set pressure and all have the vacum release also. Its just that when it has the recovery tank the coolant released at the pressure setting will go into the tank instead of on the ground. And then when the vacum release valve opens with the recovery it pulls the coolant back into the rad which the older cars without the recovery tank cant do that since the coolant went on the ground. But the caps all worked the same other then different pressure settings which for every lb of pressure on the coolant raises the boiling point 3 degrees. Ron

At the yard yesterday I found 2 caps with the vent valve that hung freely. Just like in the Allpar quote that I have above. They came off of some Dodge Rams. I also found a couple of caps that had the vent valve that did not hang freely off of another Dodge Ram. And of course, they were all recovery systems.

I've got one of them on the Duster now and I'll have a spare.

1972 Cuda 340 4 speed, 2001 Ram CTD 4x4 6 speed, 1970 Duster 408 4 speed, 1996 Ram 5.9 2x4 auto, 1965 Coronet 500