Originally Posted By ZIPPY
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By ZIPPY
Thanks. The volume is really low on our stuff compared to the other brands, it's harder to justify but not impossible to justify. Especially when crate engines can be sold.

It's a weird deal as I haven't worked there since 2013, but luckily am on good terms with enough folks to communicate a bit.

How is big block Chrysler volume lower than FE ford stuff? Or Pontiac?

It can't all be "volume" sold because it doesn't make sense. I mean how many pontiacs are out there? My bet is the Chrysler stuff is 10:1 over Pontiac at a bare minimum.

Other internal brands. Mopar OEM replacement parts, Mopar Accessories, Mopar Reman, and so forth. These are not all the same thing.

Pull out a 2005 MP catalog and look for late model cold air intakes.
P4510832 is one that I remember from cars built at that time. Then, try to find one for a 2018 model, and you'll find the part numbers are all 770-series. No longer a Performance part. Well gee whiz, what happened there?

Which product lines make the most profit for the least amount of manpower? Consider one commodity alone, sheetmetal, for any OEM. What are the profit margins of sheetmetal vs. an engine block out of production since 1972. If a manager's worth/future employment is based on profit alone, which will he or she dedicate more resources towards?

Lastly, in a thread about $3000+ hemi blocks, I'm not sure why big block Chrysler as a whole would be brought up. 99% of them are oem Wedge blocks, and not every customer wants to step up.

Hard to step up to buy something that refuses to exist.

There is obviously a market there because even with the retarded pricing they are still sold out. You put BBC blocks at the Mopar price point and those sales will evaporate too.

If there was a foundry that was owned and run by a Mopar fan instead of a GM fan, things might change. The current players are only interested in selling what they want to sell more so than what people want to buy.

JMHO.

Kevin