Thanks everyone, my little overhaul worked. Lightly dusted with a computer air can, clean with warm soapy water, lightly dried with computer air, NO lube per fsm. Emory cloth on the electrical contacts. Reinstalled, works great.

On the soapstone, that is an interesting setup, infinitely rebuild-able! E-Bodies are other style of switch, unfortunately.

Agreed on the blower motor. I actually had the blower motor relay circuit all laid out but my converter lockup setup ended up eating two relays to incorporate a brake kill (owing to power interrupt instead of ground interrupt on the brake light switch), and so ate up the last slot in my box. My thought was that between the headlights and compressor clutch being moved off the main circuit and with my big alternator and bypassed ammmeter I should be ok for now and I'll re-engineer the setup when I add in an electric fan and fuel pump.

I notice that for quite a princely sum, Painless has an add-on 8 relay box with a single wire power/ground with a bus setup and RF suppression.