Originally Posted By lewtot184
Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Too add to this, a too small of a carb on a hot motor can be real sensitive and a bear to tune sometimes because of the high velocity however I have Dommy's on cars/trucks that the "pros" said would never work for the reasons you mentioned above as in not enuff velocity..........I've had 1250 Dommy's on my dart for street testing with good results and why is that............ work
i'd say your keeping the rpm up.

That's one of the criteria and I have a fairly loose 5200+ vert, 12.1 comp, 4.11 gears, fairly light etc........Like Mr.PBody said, he had a 1050 on a 300 something cubic in. small block BUT super light, good heads and combo plus high rpms. I've learned a couple hard humbling lessons lately about high winding SB Mopars. They love CFM and Shiloh and Tory will attest, they have HUGH carbs that some big blocks cant utilize and they run stellar #'s for their combinations.............Fun stuff, so the whole "theory" CFM calculators don't seem to take these things into account at least the ones some speak about on here........ thumbs

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....