Originally Posted By savoy64
boy i cant believe all the nervous nellies here talking crap about automatics------makes you wonder how stupid the guys are that are racing with automatics in all classes of truck racing---strip--off road--pulling contests-----a friend, butch brooks, builds performance automatics and has about 30 teams that run his trannys-----a few years ago in the world championship rock crawling event in moab utah his trannys placed 1-2-3-5 with 4th place going to a nv4500-----the only real advantage of the manual is holding the unit back going down a colorado mountain pass----yep i do have an nv4500 in my cummins truck and a getrag in my 71 govt truck but still not scared of an automatic in a truck application.....

I have to agree, if a 4WD 2000 horsepower diesel truck can use a torqueflight to run high 7's there is no reason to be worried.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.