Originally Posted By YO7_A66
I was going to leave it alone but I could not resist. I made a few adjustments today just to see how the car rode with tightening up the torsion bars. I was surprised how much better the car felt. Before the ride was "squishy" going down the road but after a few adjustments the car feels more solid now.
I thought it was odd that I could add 1/2 turn with little height change. Then 1/4 of a turn at a time started making bigger changes to the height. I assume this meant that the bars were under loaded.
I am going to recheck the A versus B dimensions again to see if it fell out of te factory tolerance. But I like the feel of the car now.
I can now see why going up on bar size would be good for handling.
I am keeping track of my dimensions so I can match the height after I change bars this Winter. Then off to the alignment shop next Spring.

Note: the bars are the stock 340 .92" bars.

Thanks

Changing the ride height has no effect on spring rate.

What you are doing is just like putting the front tire under a block. When you push down in your bumper there is the same resistance whether on a block or not.

Another way to look at it...

let’s say you weight 200 lbs. Then you stand on a spring and it goes down 1”. The spring rate is 200 lb/in

Now you put a 3” block on top of that spring. When you stand on it it will still go down 1”. And the spring rate is still 200 lbs/in.