Must of hit a nerve with the limp wrist part, but fyi in the summer time I drive 175 miles each way one time a month for a club meeting, 4:56 on a 28 inch dr.

I love it as thats what these cars were built for, the cars can take it, its the spoiled disillusioned owners that seemingly cant.

As for the BS "Plenty of guys in the 10’s with just 3.23’s" im a 100% confident these are not N/A old school stock stroke STREET muscle cars but rather small block turbo cars or big block strokers.

Id have to ask you to post some of these stock stroke street driven 340-s or 440-s that run a carb or two or three running 10-s with these 3:23.

Face it, some just cant/wont run our old cars as they were delivered or for there intended use, since when is a 4:56 gear on the street extreme, oh I know, when some get too old to cope.

So maybe a scatpack with od/cruise and ac is more fitting for some seeing how that now a classic muscle car with deep gears, no ac as they were intended to be and as delivered from ma mopar is not acceptable to some here.

Hey, I hear alot of corvettes came with 3:31 rear gears, might be a good option for some.

And another thing im confused about is whats the big flippin deal of running the speed limit? Why not run 60-65 and enjoy all the thumbs up from the passer buys. Ive never got a ticket for running in the right lane at the posted limit.

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By EV2Bird
One I drive often is a 4:56 and a 28 inch tire, 3:91s a great overall gear, the more limp wristed prefer a 3:55.

Many forget the gears alot of us ran in the 70-s and 80-s on the street 4:56, 4:88, 5:13, just build it right, not tight, and drive.

A 3:91 is still enough to upshift to 2nd at 55-60 and let it sing.

How many 2-3 hour hiway drives do you take with those 4.56’s?

In the 70-80’s how many people were doing 80mph on the hiway? Y’all were stuck doing 65 screaming along.

If you need a lot of gear, you have a limp wristed engine.
Plenty of guys in the 10’s with just 3.23’s.