Originally Posted By 383man
Anyone see the new Car Craft mag yet ? I was in the Giant grocery store and looked at it. There is a real nice 67 GTX in it with a Ray Barton Hemi. But it says it dyno'd at 610 hp and 750 ft lbs of torque. Then it says the car runs 9.30's at 147. I did not see the car weight but it don't look to be real lightened up so I am guessing its between 3400 and 3800 lbs. But 9.30's with 610 flywheel hp ?? It just don't add up right to me. Car is real sweet and I was wondering if anyone knows anymore about the car ? Ron

It would take about 900 hp in a car that heavy to run 145 mph and the engine doesn't sound like a 900 hp engine. It is a factory '68 block with factory heads and a factory crossram. The 610 hp sounds roughly correct for the engine but the track times don't seem to match unless the car is super light. But the car doesn't appear in the pictures to be super light so beats the heck out of me.

But on the flip side, I've watched Mazzolini run 10's in his Sebring with a little 318, cast iron heads and a Q Jet carb. Most people would say a 318 with factory heads and a Q Jet carb is a 14 second combo.