Is the info I copied here on "Race Gas Stoich Rating & Tuning Considerations" correct?

I'll be using an Innovate LM-series wideband 02 setup when my car's back on the road, and this caught my attention given the pump 93 E10 and race fuels I'm likely to be blending w/ it have a range of stoich values.

Locally available race fuel in 5-gal cans:
--> Sunoco GT 100 UNleaded (10% ethanol; 14.1 stoich, same as 93 E10)
--> Sunoco GT Plus 104 UNleaded (13% ethanol; 13.7 stoich)
--> Sunoco Standard 110 leaded (0% ethanol; 14.9 stoich)

-----------------------------------------------
Race Gas Stoich Rating Tuning Considerations

Well I have seen questions from time to time about adding race gas without tuning which can be a very expensive experiment. I am going to explain how stoich effects AFR. Hopefully in simple format.

I am not going to get into MAF transfer functions or other tuning functions.This is just about fuel.

First lets define a few terms:

AFR: Air Fuel Ratio

Stoich Rating: In simple terms is the AFR to have chemically complete combustion that is neither rich or lean. For Example most pump gasoline is about 14.64 to 1. Which means 14.7 parts of air to 1 part of fuel.

Lambda: Is a term that is utilized when tuning. In basic terms think of it as an adjustment to your stoich rating when tuning AFR. For example with pump gas tuning .80 lambda, 14.7 x .80 = 11.76 AFR target.

Lets assume your car blower car has a nice tune that gives a perfect 11.8 AFR under WOT with pump gas.

So now it is race day. We add some timing to our tune, drain the fuel tank, and fill up with some high octane unleaded VP109.

We go for a blast down the 1/4 mile while datalogging and see the A/F is reading 12.8.

There are a few factors here to consider.

The stoich rating of VP109 is 13.41.

Most wideband A/F modules are calibrated to 14.7 pump gas stoich.
>> AS I NOTED ABOVE, 10% ethanol FUEL SUCH AS 93 E10 HAS 14.1 stoich <<

So this is the formula to determine the true A/F for the run.
AFR/Wideband Stoich x Race Gas Stoich
12.8/14.7*13.41= 11.7 AFR on Race Gas

So you may think 11.7 sounds safe but we must remember the VP109 stoich is 13.41. So 11.7 AFR = .87 lambda. For the most part a safe lambda value is .80 to .82.

So we take VP109 stoich of 13.41 x .80 lambda = 10.73 AFR
This is the AFR (10.73) I am tuning for.

Keep in mind this is not what will display on your wide band as it is programmed to 14.7 stoich. You must convert the AFR.

AFR/Race Gas Stoich*Wide Band Stoich

10.73/13.41*14.7 = 11.76 AFR is what I want to see on my wideband when running VP109.

Just to reiterate 11.7 on the AFR display with VP 109 is really a 10.7 AFR.

Ok so hopefully you are not totally confused.

This is why you have to exercise caution when mixing race gas and pump gas as you do not know the true stoich of the mixture. The leaded race fuels have a stoich that is closest to pump gas. I always drain my tank before putting in the race gas. When I mixed fuels in the past I didn't notice a drastic change in AFR, but when I have 100% unleaded race gas it really leans out with a 14.64 stoich scalar in the tune.