I'd come up w/ a project plan that covered a whole bunch o' things around the whole car, but hit sanity overload when it came down to making real progress again. My last big push got the engine assembled and on Dwayne's dyno in Oct 2017. But then I needed to start taking it back apart to deal w/ numerous oil leaks, the crappy Mr. Gasket MLS (Must Leak Something?) head gaskets, etc. Normally I'd take it a bite at a time and pull in my friend Mike Hynes to help w/ another set of hands, a different skill set, and to keep making headway.

This time I've hired Mike to work through a set of tasks simply to make sure they get done while I can focus on the engine & trans work. When we rolled the MoPig into his garage on Sunday and parked it next to his work-of-art '71 440 Six Pack Challenger restoration (he did just about EVERYTHING but the paint and some hard-core body work, IIRC), it was a real-life E-body Beauty and The Beast comparison. Yeah, mine's an old rusty P O S... with a 670 HP engine waiting to get put back into it. The chassis is only legal for 10.0s, so the next question will be how close to that am I capable of getting the car.

Progress has been sooo sloooow and stop & go since I pulled the engine out back in spring of 2009(?). I'm hoping this strategy creates momentum and gets it moving on its own power before the tracks close this fall.

EDIT: Added another pic from driveway w/ partial view of the modified T/A repro hood to the right of the car. Ain't nuthin' subtle about it. Considering new plates for it, of which one option is LC73R. Not expecting too many people to pick up on that, but ZIPPY will, if he sees this.

In driveway_2.jpg
Last edited by BradH; 08/09/18 08:04 PM.