I ran the midnight shift when I was deployed in the Air Force for Desert Shield/Desert Storm on Diego Garcia, a coral atoll in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Our shop was in the middle of tent city. We'd replaced a tire on a Rough Terrain forklift (like a W24 Case Loader), and had it in the cage where one of my guys was airing it up when the split ring came off, around 3:00 am. Deformed the shape of the cage, pulled all 8 concrete anchors out of the floor, and pressed the shape of the ring in one side of the cage. I stopped whatever I was doing and looked down the length of the shop where the guy gave me a thumbs-up that he was ok. Started walking down there, when HUNDREDS of guys started streaming into the wide open doors of the shop. Everybody that got woken up from a sound sleep thought a bomb had gone off; not an unreasonable thought, since we were only about a mile from the flightline full of B52's coming and going 24-7. Got chewed up one side and down the other by a Chief Master Sergeant wearing nothing but tighty-whities...