Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Quote:

This is what mine would do when it started to get hot. It would start spitting out the squirters first then if you let it keep getting hotter it would erupt out the vent tubes. Even after you shut of the engine it would sit there and spit gas out of the squirters until it cooled off.

As was mentioned, I believe this is mostly the result of today’s pump gas formulations.
It would be very interesting to see if you drained the tank and swapped out the fuel for some race gas if the problem went away....... in a true back to back test.

This link was posted on another thread about a different issue, but there is an interesting tidbit about a mod for the boosters percolating;

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/racingfuelsystems/pro-950-carb-good-base-line-t504.html

Its definitely the gas. I ran it low then drove up to this new station that sold 89 non ethanol then drove home and the engine was way hotter by the time I got home. I let it idle for like 40 minutes and it was fine . normally within 15 minutes it would start acting stupid. as far as fixing it I really haven't. the new summer blend gas does way better but it will still do it just not as easy. Saturday I cut out the bottom of my scoop to try and see if it will let the heat out from under the hood. something I didn't want to do but its worthless that I cant go have fun and ride around without it getting stupid. If it works I will try to figure out something else for cool air to the carburetor. of coarse its rained every day.