Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I tell you what Jim Doyle owner of Racer Brown Cams told me. If the cam hasn’t been used several hard years, same lifters in order, and the same block your odds increase. Well used cam like me mine was, new lifters like mine were, and a different block like mine was, odds are not in your favor at all. I rolled the dice and 3 lobes were gone in one pass. We talked on the subject later and he went on to say a well used cam is worn through the cams hardness and new lift r are wearing a new pattern. H also said factory locksifter angles are different from one factory block to another. Not must but some. I will never put a used solid lifter cam in a different block

That is somewhat my worry, the cam had 15,000 or so hard street miles on it. I do not have any old lifters and it's going into a different engine, hydraulic cam.

I may roll the dice, the engine it's going in is of unknown age and is currently bone stock in a truck that doesn't get driven much. I'd like to bring some life to it, but if something came apart, it could realistically use a rebuild anyway.

72 Challenger - will be sublime, little 340 904, 8 3/4" - Under Construction