Originally Posted By skrews
Originally Posted By dvw
My friend had one of the old Dodge Material S/S 65 Dodges. It had the springs mounted as stock. The front of the ladder bar was on a roller similar to the current rear leaf spring sliders. It worked well in the low 10 second range with 10.5 tires. That being said you need decent shocks either way? Makes absolutely no sense not to convert to coil overs.
Doug

I already have double adjustable Viking shocks on the rear, and some extra split mono rear segments from experimenting with ride height. Adding coil overs would just be unnecessary expense and work.
I'm trying to relocate the instant center, in that setup the IC would still be the spring eye not the ladder bar eye. Only thing the ladder bars would do is act as a slapper bar, which probably worked

Ok...now I see what your getting at. You want to change the IC. Do you want it higher or lower? IIRC, once the ladder bar is in it becomes the de facto IC and the springs just hold the car up. The way I see it, you can just use the full split mono and a housing floater with a slider in the rear and get after it.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston