Originally Posted By sasquatch
The supreme court ruled on that case but there were 30 other states that were attached to that case. IT is a mess at the moment and nobody seems to know for sure what is going on. If we as a business are forced to collect sales tax on every purchase and remit it to correct taxing authority dear god help us. WE have been required to collect sales tax in PA at Carlisle for many years now and we have to submit quarterly if we sell anything or not. But you would have to remit the taxes to the state where it is due or that seems like a pretty clear case of taxation without representation. I seem to remember a war being fought over that but I could be wrong. I believe they have just set the table for a National Sales Tax. I could be wrong but how else could you possibly manage and enforce it. Todd

Todd, I think you will soon have a selection of companies that will want to offer to figure then report sales taxes based on where you ship your orders. Actually I can see this as something credit card processors might do to get merchant business. Will there be a charge for this, certainly, but it will probably be less than what it would cost to do it yourself. However it will still be a cost you will have to pass on.