Originally Posted By DaveRS23
Originally Posted By lewtot184
Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE
I am always amazed at how many people hate Carter or Edelbrocks. I don't prefer them but I have always like them when I have run them. I had duel 750's on my old street +.030 426 Hemi reworked, played with jetss, metering rods, etc until I got it the way I liked it. Everyone told me it was way too much carbs for the street. Once dialed in this car rocked & everyone who rode in it was always impressed.
i agree. the holley bias is silly. the thermoquads in those '71 340's were killer. edelbrock screws up their big carbs with silly calibrations, but it's easy to fix. I like afb's and avs's.

There don't seem to be any CarterBrock haters on here. It's just that there are better carbs available. Ones that have features that the AFB and AVS carbs simply don't have.

The AFBs and AVSs are good carbs. But Ma Mopar abandoned them for the TermoQuad design 45 years ago. And for good reason.

Abandoned? Whew! Strong wording IMO I believe not true.
FWIW, the TQ was born a racing carb and it made its way into the daily drivers.
The advantage of the spreadbore carb of being a flexible for mileage and power were immediately seen and taken advantage of. GM has had the Quadrajet on there cars since when.... before Chrysler did. Seems more like catch up to me.