Originally Posted By Mr T2U

maybe a little more. i would figure about $1K for a COMPLETE FITECH system with external walbro fuel pump and lines.
from what i have read they are pretty good overall system with a not so complicated setup.
once installed with the basic parameters programed in. then a couple trips around the block it's ready to go. it's self learning so the more you drive it the better it runs.

now with a carb the initial buy in is just part of the price. the weather changes you have to re jet and adjust, the weather changes you have to adjust again. with the alcohol mixed fuel it will eat the seals, accelerator pumps, and floats. now you gets leaks. really hot day you get vapor lock. sit for a while when hot and the fuel boils in the carb. sit for weeks at a time you have no fuel in the car and have to crank and crank until it starts.
i know i am exaggerating a bit on the problems, but they do happen a lot. jets, gaskets, air bleeds all cost $$. it adds up. when i had my hemi with a carb i was adjusting it almost every other day. the temp changes 15* and adjust again. runs great in the morning runs a little rough in mid day runs like crap in the evening. or maybe runs great in the AM and PM runs like crap in the daytime.
self learning FI almost none of the listed problems happen. hop in and drive. even when it's running a bit off, it is probably running better than a carb could hope to.
i know it's not a FITECH system. but my 08 supercharged mustang the only thing i have to do is fill it up and drive. change the plugs 1 time a year and change the oil every 2K miles. car makes 650rwhp on pump 93, runs 10's all day long at the track if i don't miss a shift, drive it to the track, drive it home and gets 25mpg. never had ANY of the above listed carb problems.
the only thing i do to it is load my race tune at the track, 5* timing and richen it up a little bit with my hand held tuner don't even have to open the hood to do it.

Bull $hit. I read that if frogs had wings they wouldn't bruise their arses when they landed.