Originally Posted By CoronetCrazed
GY3, could you tell me more about your build? What kind of suspension are you running? What tires? How do you like the hydraulic roller? Did you bush your lifter bores? I was leaning towards a solid flat for ease of use and cost but I'm still open to other alternatives. It seems every cam has its positives and negatives and people get pretty passionate about it!

AndyF, I need to go back and read you stroker cam shootout and your book again. I remembered you saying you don't need much cam for a street build. I've probably getting a little wrapped up in reading other people's posts who do more true street/strip!

The low deck 470 that I had 20 years ago was 10:1 compression with HP manifolds and Edelbrock heads. It just had a Mopar 0.528 flat tappet cam in it. That engine would roast the tires in the first 3 gears and would run high 11's in a 3800 lb B body. If you are really just driving on the street then you don't need much more than that. If you are racing then sure, turn up the wick but then you have to live with the downside.