My biggest beefs with teh BB are the pain in the but to work on simple things like spark plugs, tighter header clearance, plus the extra weight and then add on the fact these stroker SBs make so much TQ now it is hard to hook them on the street much more that an 818lb TQ is fun it can be dangerous and hard to control on the street like most of the stuff I get to build now being so far from a track. A stock 5.9 magnum block is a cheap easy roller cam, can handle as much HP as a 440 block, better valve placement on a common head, better weight distribution, much better plug placement for burn and working on, the SB is a bolt in factory installed in many more aplications... I just see limited use for the BB in street cars like original BB cars or all out race cars where your running big indy heads big strokes and big money in the car to make it hook. I cant get the 410 SB in my dakota R/T to hook on the street for anything and am always trying to kill some TQ, I have even considered selling the motor and going back to a 360.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!