Try being just a bit analytical here...do you want to fix this or not? I am a retired technical support engineer for extremely complicated technology so troubleshooting old cooling system should not be difficult.

There is an excessive heat issue here. Put the mud away that you all throw at the wall. Do you want to fix this or wallow in mudslinging? I really think you all like slinging mud. Utilizing a the process of elimination we can resolve this issue. I have dealt with this heat issue myself very successfully i might add...on more than several cars.

Put an analog temp gage under the hood like in the picture.
The cooling system and tune up must be at a fundamental basic starting point! 60% water/40% antifreeze/bottle of wetting agent. Timing and fuel mixture set properly. Min 15 degree btdc on the timing.

We have no clue as to what water pump is on here or does this engine have a Chinese alum water pump housing restricting flow.

We really don't know a whole lot do we?

Is the lower hose collapsing under load?

Manifold heat control valve not opening?

Check the temp across the radiator core while running at temp.
Make a chart of the temps - this could be a plugged core issue.

What radiator cap? How old?
Rad core - last time it was re-cored?
Rad shroud?
Fan type?
Viscous fan package?

What are the temps after a heat soak?

Does the car start by itself after heat soak [just turn the key]

After fixing the tune up, correcting the coolant package do you still have an issue?

Disconnect the transmission lines from the radiator and connect them together. No the trans will not blow up - we need to eliminate the trans as a contributing factor. 195 degrees thermostat is required btw.

There may be a significant change here then again maybe not
If the car has power steering it is very possible the pump is adding a ton of heat.

Last edited by Dilbert; 06/02/18 08:09 AM.