Thanks Poorboy

I’m conflicted about the rear. My one good buddy I wrench with keeps saying “stop playing around- do a 4 link!” but he also often thinks I should drink shots! I would love to do coilovers with a 3.90 gear dana 60 on a four link, but I still have to buy a cam and a rotating assembly. so it’s partly a $ thing. For now I think I’m counting on not racing it and having street tires slip before breaking stuff to make this rear live. It should be a fairly light weight truck. And if it breaks I already own 3 different 8.25 rears, one with discs, so there is that. If I thought I could easily sell them maybe I would buy a dana and 4 link it.

I want to move foreward quickly on this project and not get bogged down by the time and expense of bodywork or front suspension rebuilding but I also know that those things can easily happen later. Other more frivolous stuff like making it a shortbed need to happen early in the build so the wheelbase will only change once.

I grabbed another 400 shortblock last night. It looks super clean and already has a deep rear sump milodon pan and pickup which I can definitely use!

Last edited by radar; 05/31/18 06:03 PM.