Originally Posted By A39Coronet
Originally Posted By dvw
Originally Posted By A39Coronet
Josh, any plans to manipulate the purses to better fit the class sizes? I think two classes last year only had three rounds Sunday but raced for the same purse as Pro. Maybe combine some of the classes that are real close together like the Hemi class and NSS?

N/SS has never gone only 3 rds to win, neither has Hemi.
Doug

The second half of my comment wasn't related to the first. I think King of Street and Big Dog only had 3 rounders Sunday.

As far as combing classes, that was just a suggestion to help increase purse sizes to other classes. NSS and the Gen 2 Hemis aren't THAT far off, even when you look at the rules. I just keep getting back to Pro having such a huge populous over the others and still racing for the same purse. Pro normally foots the bill for others at events, I get that, but with so many classes at this event, it's a common complaint I hear.

I'm not sure why sponsorship is the main driver for purse...I would have thought car counts? Either way, good to see efforts to get people involved are there.

I bet most people would be freaked to see what it cost to rent the facility for 4 days. My guess is walk up spectator tickets begin to help the bottom line, probably not racer entry

Last edited by B3422W5; 05/03/18 03:15 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17