Hey, guys.
I really like the OEM bench seat in the old Dart quite a bit and it's still in fairly good shape but after a whole bunch of handling mods that I'm almost ready to try out, it is occurring to me that the bench seat will quickly become the limiting factor on fun in the curves or any kind of performance on the auto-x course.

I know there are plenty of modern looking sporty aftermarket seats out there that allow for harness bar-mounted seat belts but this is not what I have in mind for my car. Rather, I'm thinking about something like older OEM Porsche buckets...perhaps finding an old beat up pair and having them re-upholstered in black vinyl. The stock 911 seats seem to be available for not absurd money, they're not flashy and they're vastly better for sporty driving.

Other alternatives are OEM seats from early Datsun 240/60/80Z, C3 Corvette...and maybe even as new as Mazda Miata buckets. The emphasis being on OEM looks, non-power (of course), light weight...at least somewhat period correct.

So I have a few questions:

How difficult is it to find a safe mounting point for seat tracks on the floor? Are the provisions for OEM bucket tracks there for bench cars? How did you do it?

Any ideas on how to install modern-ish seat belts? The shoulder harness tha mounts to the ceiling would almost certainly dig into the driver's throat in any kind of an impact...assuming the 45+ year old webbing even held.

Any suggestions on light, functional, tasteful seats that might look ok in stock-themed A-Body?

Any thoughts and suggestions are extremely welcome.

Last edited by MRGTX; 04/27/18 12:26 PM.