I bought a 2009 with a bad cam in tuscon and drove it here and pulled the motor as I was worried about metal shavings but the bearings look brand new with 250,000 miles and at least 2000 miles with a flat lobe. My 2011 had almost 300,000 and same thing, short block, oil pimp... all look like new, you can still see the machine marks in the bearing surface, barely can feel a tiny distortion where the ring ridge would normally be with hone marks all the way to the top. For the price of the 6.4 cam I am going to put one in a junkyard engine any how so I might as well just use what I have. Even on a 50,000 mile used engine I would put on the new springs cam or not, I have seen springs break at 50K. If the bottom end had an issue I would buy a brand new not reman shortblock from the dealer for $900 instead of any used engine I didn't personally know the complete history, even then that short block is pretty hard to pass up. Drop a 6.4 cam and your old heads with new springs on the new short block for a cheap motor instead of the $1500 used engine.

I have had to completely re-think the way I put engines together for these new hemi engines and even 4.7s VS the old school SB and BBs. Very different issues, valve springs break but the short block never seems to wear out, never seen a stock spring break with a stock cam in any SB or BB S6 2.2... but sure saw worn out short blocks.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!