I'll roll this back a ways and say when I got it I tried to turn the motor with a breaker bar but found that it was frozen up. I pulled the distributor and looked inside. I saw oil right up to the top! I thought, "oh, somebody filled it with oil or tranny fluid in a attempt to soak it to free it up." When I pulled the drain plug on the oil pan, 5 gallons of water poured out (literally 5 gallons!) and then a little dribble of some oil came drooling out at the end. What I thought was a motor full of oil to free it was really a motor full of water with a few quarts of oil floating on top of it. Having had the hood stolen off the car many years ago, who knows how long it rained down the carburetor? The motor was torn down and I found one cylinder was cracked. Being that it is the numbers matching motor, I brought it to my local machine shop and asked what they could do? He told me he could sleeve it. So I had them do the machine work to block, crank , rods and heads. We're a couple years into this project now and my son is thirteen. I had quit my job as a papermaker and bought an auto repair business with my brother. Our shop did police tows and happened to tow an '86 Chrysler Laser XT. It was a cool looking car to my son (I liked it too.) No one claimed the car, so we pursued a title on it. After we owned it, we started to look into putting it back on the road and found it was pretty rusty under the plastic cladding. My son found another Laser XT that used to belong to one of our employees (employee set him on to it.) bought that for $150 and then proceeded to get two more'89 Daytonas from a friend of my oldest brother. One of the Daytonas was a rust free Iowa car so we took a little detour from the charger and built an '86 Laser out of an '89 Daytona.

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 11.33.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-22 at 11.33.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-22 at 11.34.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-22 at 11.36.14 PM.png