I sold a Dodge Stealth to a guy who came to pick it up with a 4.7 4 door Dak. I thought, "My Gawd, I hope he doesn't kill somebody." when he pulled out of the driveway. That was mainly because of his trailer. Like some have said the trailer and the brake system is the key. This guys trailer was a POS and he didn't have trailer brakes. His excuse, when I passed shade to him, was, "I'll go slow."
My experience with towing is get the biggest rig with good brakes that you can find but I have towed an E-body shell with parts stuffed inside with a 5.7 Tahoe with trailer brakes just fine. The key is to set anything your towing with up for success and not planning HOPE and CAUTION into the equation. Emergency situations will come into play so plan accordingly. You can tow with anything that can realistically pull the weight but can you stop in an emergency situation? Wheel base and track helps with towing, ride, and handling.
Stock, the 4.7 4 door can tow but don't rely on those stock brakes to do be up to the task. Don't just think about the tow rig, think about the equally important factors like trailer and brakes because the rig is only 1/2 of towing. If you do settle on the Dakota plan the purchasing of a light trailer and trailer brakes because what's behind the ball is the other 1/2. They should be factored into whether a Dakota is capable.

Instagram : @5_points_racing