According to Edelbrock the top end kit for the Hemi made 705 horsepower on a 426 Hemi short block with a 750 Holley carb and headers. My engine being a 472 stroker Hemi, with the Fitech dual quad fuel injection system,I am hoping that it will dyno at somewhere between 750 and 800 horsepower at the flywheel. The dyno will tell the truth. As far as the rest of the driveline goes,I have been told that the Tremic TKO 5 speed may not hold up to my engines output, so I am thinking of going with the Tremic 6 speed transmission. With the double overdrive 200 plus MPH should be obtainable. The rear axle is a full floating 9 inch so any gear ratio is possible, and can be swapped in easily in about 15 minutes! The rear wheels don't have to come off the change out the rear axle chuck. What I hope to achieve with this build is to have an aero car that can be adapted to whatever type of racing or driving I want to do with it,be it autocross,circle track, top speed trials, or limited street and cruise duties.

Last edited by chargervert; 04/20/18 06:58 PM.

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic