I feel like a have been in a hand to hand combat battle, the last two nights. Had to take a break from the body work, and do some wrenching.

Back in 2003, when I changed the car's K frame to a v8, I also put the lower control arms, that accepts a sway bar, and the sway bar. Also, converted it to disc brakes, from a mid 70s Duster. Purchased a complete front end rebuild kit, that included everything.

Accumulating all of those parts, the old lower and upper contol arm bushings, looked nice. So, at the time, I didn't go through the battle of replacing them, since I don't have a press. I just set the new ones aside for later use.

Well, that 40 year old rubber just wasn't what it used to be.

I have a way of doing it without a press, but it requires a lot of differnent hammers, heating, freezing and cutting with a chisel. It is not a job I enjoy, and like it even less, the older I get.

Fortunately, while doing my Dad's 65, I purchased the special tool for removing and reinstalling the upper bushings. It makes pretty quick work out of those, and it used to be a total pain in the rear.

For the last two nights, that is what has been going on with the Barracuda. So far, about 9 hours, with a couple more to tonight.