Originally Posted By Dragula
A little help from our friends on the Bullet mentioned this company....I looked them up and was surprised to find a Billet Hemi water block offered! I am scared to call and ask what a setup like this costs Normally Aspirated..

I went through all the options, when I was looking for a replacement for my KB Block, at that time, I was unsure if the deal with Tim et al was going ahead.

As you know I spoke to BAE, as I knew they had a development Hemi water block, plus I know from good friends that the Brads perform superb, as is his after sales support. But they have no intention of restarting this program.

Then Noonan launched their Hemi water block at the PRI show. Noonans web site is not the best in the world & difficult to exact details, they can learn from BAE.. So I ended up writing, speaking to them.

The Noonan Block is an awesome piece of kit, but don’t expect it to be similarly priced to a Indy or KB Block. They utilise a 60mm Cam, along with RCD style front cover for gear drive. A lot of the BAE parts are interchangeable, other than any water cooled parts.

I’m not aware of what manifolds would be available for N/Aspirated.

The block & heads are reasonably priced, when considering the price of aluminium billets, machining time & development costs.

What really drives the cost is the incidentals: Gear drive & Cover, rockers & shaft set up, Valve covers, Valves ( prob cheaper if you don’t want Ti & Inconnel) crank, yada yada....

If you want to stay similar to your Indy set up,then I would highly recommend KB. My KB has been excellent & no issues. I believe this to be down to. A combination of KB & Tim Banning who built & supplied my package.

Blown it made around 1,100 -1,200hp, 1,000ft lbs on pump gas, I never got full figures, as Tim’s dyno at the time was close to maxed out.

I have now switched to Twin Turbo (88’s), not sure on exact power, it must be close to 1,500hp, again on Pump gas

Last edited by mopar_mark; 04/11/18 01:09 PM.