Originally Posted By HemiRick
I've never seen an engine not exposed to water seize up....I bet it's starter related.

Yeah... once I had the plugs out I probably should have just grabbed a pulley and tried to see if it would turn by hand right then & there... After trekking back up in the woods with a breaker bar & 1 1/4 socket in hand, I found I could easily spin it over by just grabbing the belts... rolleyes whistle

Starter probably rusted fast inside... tried beating it with a trusty bfh for S&G to see if it would shake loose... but no go. So sprayed some dw40 all over the general starter bolt area; not ideal access from above. Bolts are really rusted... should be fun. frown Oh well.

So its off to the bone yard to find a starter... and then as soon as it stops raining/snowing long enough for the ground to dry, I'll crawl under and see I can get the pig out. Going to have to go on a quick diet too... there's no jacking it up out where it is... I can raise the body up a little... but the earth is way too soft/mole infested to try and safely lift it off the ground.

1966 383, 4-sp Charger 38yrs
1970 440+6, 4-sp Road Runner 36yrs
1974 360, auto Challenger 25yrs,in Family 41yrs
2003 Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 Cummins HO
2010 5.7L R/T 6sp Challenger - Mopar10
2018 392 Daytona Charger