Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By 6PakBee
Originally Posted By FC7cuda
...66-67 Hemi was slightly different than 68-69 Hemi too....

Uh oh, I'm getting that sinking feeling. What is the difference?
Why are you getting a sinking feeling? Do you have a 170 tooth hemi flywheel motor?
I had to come up with one of those starters back in 1991 for a car I was restoring for a lady, it was a 1969 Hemi Charger 500 4 speed car that was apart and missing the original starter, I ended up buying a used one from back east off of a 1966 Hemi Charger is what I was told it was from back then, it worked fine up shruggy

Cab, I have been buying parts for my 1967 Hemi GTX project for (no kidding) nearly forty years. It's a 4-spd so it has the direct drive starter. I was able to get one about 15 years ago that I believed would work as I thought '66-'69 were all the same. To read that there might be a difference between '66-'67 and '68-'69 just brought back the nightmare of me walking the earth trying to find a '66-'67 Dana. Nothing like hearing something you thought you were through with rears its ugly head. But if the difference is cosmetic, I'm not worried. Who can see the starter once installed anyway?

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".