Pick up the last issue of Street Rodder. There will be tons of ads and one or more of them will get you exactly what you want.

I would seriously consider using the original frame unless it is rusted beyond repair. But to do it most easily the frame needs to be bare. Another thing I would consider is using an aftermarket "Mustang II" independent front end which is welded onto the existing frame and can also include rack and pinion steering, which will help[ get that gearbox off the frame right where the Hemi wants to go.

In the street rod world the MII suspension is very common and is capable of supporting a half ton pickup. There is a world of parts available. The stock components are ugly but they're mostly gone now, and tubular steel A-Arms are the replacement. Heidt's and Fatman Fabrications are where I'd go to look first, to see what they are doing.

Your existing frame is probably a lot like my '64 in that it has a beefy crossmember right behind the engine. This gets in the way of everything. It will have to go but should be replaced in function.

Fitting the Hemi and transmission is much easier with the frame out in the open.

R.