Originally Posted By J_BODY
Originally Posted By Thumperdart
I'd convert it to a 2 in a second and have it cleaner n meaner yet.......They ALL respond better and are faster as long as the carbs big enuff for the application and my baby 470 BB wears a billet 1250+ and has the flattest fuel curve I've ever seen..........Smaller carb on bigger motor has a tendency to go rich because of the Hugh draw of air that the bigger motor demands............. beer

interesting that when the DA is below 800 I can't throw enough jet at my carb without it going into lean misfire. I considered the 4825 on my "small block" (439) fairly under carbed. Also running power valves. With 84 jets in Vegas I recorded afr on the left bank in the high 11's. At Famoso with 98 square I was at 14.6 with a DA of 800+. Sunday morning it was -800 when we set up, and around 100-200 when I made the pass which resulted in a lean misfire.

Where's the misfire at rpm wise and if the problem is down low then what idle bleeds, ifr's and where are the mixture screws set at from seated if up top what hi bleeds

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....