I restored the originals for my 71 Gran coupe. Now the chrome was in very good shape so the restoration just consisted of painting the reliefs and pouring in clear self leveling clear epoxy. I also did some extra trunk locks at the time but have since sold those to others looking for them.

I have a pair of NOS 71 style door badges, the glue on ones, I would part with if you needed them. Keep a watch out on ebay every once in a while NOS 70 style, with pins to attach to the fenders, come up and occasionally the 71 styles do as well. The trunk lock covers are a little tougher to find in NOS. I would keep a look out for a used one with nice chrome and if you're lucky it will have nice argent paint around the perimeter. Even if you had someone rechrome these emblems I don't suspect the detail would be that nice

I personally would stay away from repros. I bought a set of the first ones out from year one about 1987 and the plastic fell out after about 6 months in the garage, they replaced but those fell out as well. Also the detail in the casting was not all that great. I'm not sure if the repros around now are from that initial batch or a subsequent one.

Attached are two photos of trunk lock covers I have restored. The one with the scratches in the argent paint is actually the original argent and the other I sprayed with a rattle can argent.

Mike Afflerbach

20161124_162209.jpgrestored 1.jpg