Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Well Mopar should get a handicap because most of the guys on Moparts continue to argue that a cast iron block will produce so much more horsepower than an aluminum block will. Lol. Welcome to modern times guys.
I guess I'm one of the idiots that still believes an iron block can produce more power than aluminum.. I think that's been proven over and over.. but if you ask me what would be faster in the car.. that would be a whole nother question.. people need to consider weight and rules when picking a block.. if you have a car that weighs 2200 lb
. And your class requirements require you to be 2800.. more than likely you would want an iron block.. if you have a car that weighs 3000.. and the rules say you can be 2800.. I would think you would want the aluminum block.. stirthepot

The Ritter block as far as strength looks like one heck of a block but let’s take R3 blocks and Mega blocks and especially stock block with wall thickness all over the map. I’ll stick with my Keith Black block with 8 cylinder sleeves and multiple main cap bolts, beefed up bottom end and even valley stiffening

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time