Agreed with Chip.
Car running here with limited clearance under scoop finds wind sheer will kill carb .
K&n filter that you oil will kill 12 to 20 hp if oiled too much/ used too soon- dyno tested that here.

Engine masters did a air cleaner “ shootout “ that basically showed the same things we found on dyno here - air filter bases/ tops generally hurt power .

Best we tested was double stacked filters in straight base - I think this goes to posts above about having plenum area and low restrictions.

We found static fans cost 14 to 20 hp- pretty much proving Engine Madters rests on those as well.

In both cases there is a caveat :

1. Testing in dyno doesn’t replicate running in car with engine bay heat and air flow.

2. Front opening scoops may positively effect air filters where as rear/ negative pressure scoops don’t pick up that advantage.

3. It is my opinion ( untested as yet) that static fans will have greater hp loss on the big end of racing than on dyno due to dealing with air flow through radiator .

4. Wind sheer effect across high speed air bleeds and boosters is much, much worse than a little restriction.

Just my thoughts and results from dyno sessions.