Hey guys,

I need your help with some pros and cons when buying a new truck (well new to me).

I have had a 01 auto, 05 stick, 10 stick (dads), and a 12 stick (dads)... all 2500's 4x4. I know kind of what I like and don't like, but I am not 100% sure on the direction I want to go from here....

So... here is the deal... I am looking to buy a 3500 cummins, 4x4, with a stick, unsure of SRW or DRW yet.

I will be pulling a 48ft enclosed trailer with all the racing fixings..So this thing will have to be stout and reliable. It will not be a daily driver.

Here is what I am trying to decide between (all stick shift, 4x4):

I have kicked around the idea of a 12v.. but they are hard to find with low miles and not all torn up.

I really like the 5.9 platform in the 03-06's, however it is hard to find one with low miles, you also have to watch EGTs, and they probably don't ride as well as the newer trucks. The are reliable and don't have the emissions.

I like the 6.7's from 13-15 as long as they are deleted. The 12 my dad had actually blew up with 40k on it (stock). I understand they can make good power and be reliable, but without the emissions garbage..

Or do I look at a newer 16-17 truck? From what I understand they make good power, but once again they have all the emissions garbage as well as DEF....

I have been searching for the right truck for awhile now, but haven't found anything that has really called to me.... If I found one with a duel disc, FASS, maybe tuner, and tow bags that would be ideal... But that can always be added down the road.

What do you guys think? If you were going to buy a new tow vehicle what would you go with and why?

Thanks for the help!