Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I ran 100LL AvGas for a long time in a 12:1 440 street/strip combo. Ran great and never hurt anything.
Know a local guy that ran it for YEARS in a 13:1 BB Chevy w/ 2 stages of nitrous. One of those guys that bought up leftover parts people were scared to run, but built an engine out of them that ran for years...too cheap to buy race fuel, so he always ran Avgas. Worked great for him.

This is one of those subjects that 99% of the people telling you not to run it have zero experience w/ it and are just repeating hearsay.

100% true Chip kinda makes me laugh at some of the stories tho....as far as tune up it should be close if your running race gas already like c12 or ?? my jetting stays the same. if its pump gas probably need to be little richer when switching to AV.the only time I need to change anything on my setup and Ill run 3/4 different types of fuel depending on my resources is when I use Q16 which is a lot richer than AV.as a matter of fact this year and from now on I will be using AV gas 95% of the time or Q16 if I
want alittle more performance its the only fuel thats ever outperformed the AV gas everything else runs the same.

Last edited by KOS; 03/14/18 05:38 PM.