I know the hard core bracket guys like it.....for what reason I don't really know. I know the arguments for and against. I think some are valid, others are not. But, to each his own.

But, it really doesn't have a place at an NHRA Heritage Series event. There were 30K folks there, and I can guarantee you they would not have half that for an 8th mile event. But, they run a dial your own class, but, they are not the regular brackets as you guys know it. They all are Nostalgia classes, with cars built for that type of racing. It's different.

Personally, not interested the least in running 8th mile. One of the reason is that the old school Mopar Super Stock cars like my nostalgia car makes all of it's et in 2nd and high gear. It has big mph for the et it runs....most of the old school Mopar wedge & Hemis do. That has served me well over the years. I am not about to change the combination to cater toward the 8th. Not even remotely interested.

Personally, the day the only option is 8th mile racing, is the day everything here is parked and we go hang out at car shows with the rest of the geezers. Just doesn't interest me at all. And, I'm not alone. The hardcore bracket guys like it, and I get that, but, there are a lot that do not and will quit. Guarantee it.

Last edited by Steve1118; 03/06/18 03:40 AM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com