Originally Posted By larrymopar360
My friends Caliber was having a drain issue but it didn't scan showing TCM as far as I know. He took it to dealership and left it in their hands. They called back and said it was ready to go. $700 for new radio. Fixed the problem but he really didn't want to pay that kind of money for a factory radio replacement. Just throwing this out there in case yours turns out to be something other than TCM.

So i did that same thing on my own and replaced the radio with an aftermarket unit. I needed one anyway as the CD and cassette stopped working.

We checked the battery, alternator all the drivers we could think of and he problem still exists. I was talking to a friend last night and he mentioned that the HORN skin on the steering wheel has been known to cause this same issue.

Seems fuse #51 which controls the radio and dash cluster is the circuit that also controls the horn.

Before i go and get more involved in this idea and replace the steering wheel skin, has anyone had this been the answer before??

Thank you
Stu