Originally Posted By Rhinodart
I still think you have the wrong core in the radiator. Do you have the factory .70 spacer between the water pump and fan? Before taking ANY advice from people here who have never had a factory big block A-Body, please talk with Bob at Glen-Ray, I can't emphasize that enough! I have had factory big block A-Body's for almost 40 years now, not many other models have the same issues they do. twocents
Rhino. Jim, Appreciate all your help and advice. I will give this Bob @ Glenn-Ray a call. I do have a .70 fan spacer, but its not on the car at the present time. I tried a 1.06 spacer and a #2863224 fan (that fan has more pitch to the fan blades) hoping to pull more air into the rad, but it hasn't helped in cooling much. I'm going to reinstall the factory .70 spacer and pull the fan back a 1/4 inch where it belongs. You make a good point about the BB A-bodies radiator tube size. I never knew they had 1/2" tubes in them. That may help alot. Have you or anyone here reading this post ever shipped out a radiator before? I've never shipped one. What's the best way to pack & send one out? And with what carrier? Would hate to have this #065 rad damaged in transit. Again thanks for all your advice.