Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Andy... that Scat crank looks pretty nice..what did
it take to balance in on your set up
wave

Well the crank came balanced for the stroker kit but the pistons ended up being lighter than advertised so we had to re-balance the crank. It took a little work to do the re-balance. Had the crank come un-balanced the job would've been easier.

Final bobweight on this crank was 2222 grams so it is fairly light for a big block.

Andy, I choose one of 440 Source's Ultra-light cranks for my RB when they were first offered thinking the reduced weight of the reciprocating assembly would be easier on the stock block's mains. I don't have the bob weight handy, but the replacement pistons came in at 524 grams to match the old ones.

I had the motor apart to change pistons to lower the compression 2 points and resolve some valve train harmonics issues that resulted from insufficient of spring pressure/ hydraulic rollers being spun to high. There was no sign of cap walk on the parting line or on the caps.

How much do you suspect the lighter weight crank and reciprocating assembly actually helps the stock blocks live?

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)