For the record, I wasn't expecting/blaming IMM for building me a broken motor. If it is broken, I probably would have assumed it was my fault anyway. IIRC, IMM set initial timing to about 34 degrees. Unfortunately, Brian forgot to give me cam specs and they seem to be lost. I just know it's something like a 238/242.

Since November, I have been driving the car every weekend. Generally I let the car warm-up for 5-10 minutes and then I go for about a 15-20 minute ride. Generally, when I've been driving, the engine runs between 180-200F for the water temp. So, it has been getting to operating temperature every time I've driven it.

As for the rest, thank you for the advice. I think I'm going to start simple and pull the spark plugs and inspect them whenever I get free time. While I'm at it, I'll change the oil (as it needs it anyway).

When the car was first built, the person who put it together set the fuel pressure to about 8 psi. At my first autocross, I ended up flooding the carb on the first turn 3/4 runs. After that incident I turned the fuel pressure down to 6.5 psi as the youtube video on tuning Holley carbs I watched said 7 psi MAX. I think I may bump it down a little more (5 psi-ish) as, like you're all saying, it seems like its running a little too rich.

I think I'll take it on longer runs on the weekend to the gf's house which is 30 miles one way and generally a 30-40 minute drive.