looking at/studying converters, converter technology for high 9 low 10 second cars in the 2800 - 3400 lbs car range.
Most ruNS down here are 1/8 mile.

Main questions:
1. Many in my area are very fond of the old Mopar Hemi J converter.
To my understanding this converter reworked/ re-stalled is still soft on 60 ft and simply cannot compare with the newer technology /engineering available today.
Please let me know if my research is faulty.

2. I've been looking at/talking to : FTI, Coan, PTC and working from engine dyno sheets, not a lot of difference in recommended stall speeds between them but rather converter construction .
Spragless conversation does come up.
What are the thoughts/ experiences here.

3. what are the best ways/means to improve over all efficiency of 727/converter ?

4. A@A recommends ultimate steel front/high clutch drum - some recommend aluminum- thoughts?
A@A recommends billet steel 4 pinion planetary - some down here say that isn't needed on 650 to 700 hp engines- thoughts.

I don't mind spending money wisely, don't like to waste money.

efficiency /consistency/reliability/safety are important .

j converter - while great in its day and good today, this just doesn't seem to be smart spending on a new build to me but, I'm open to my thinking being all wrong as well.

Thanks again for this site, you folks- your all amazing in taking the time and effort to help , i appreciate you.

Rusty