Operation Superbird; it is over.. The last week has been extremely stressful for me.... With increased frustration with the body shop and the unwarranted reaction of him towards me, I have called it quits on Operation Superbird. It is with much regret, sadness and inner reflection, I came to the conclusion to write it off as a lesson learned and feel the pain of the notorious experiences so many other people have endured.. I wash my hands clean of the situation. Needless to say, no referral by me. I do my part over and over and apparently, that isn't good enough, all because I asked for pictures of progress for money spent of services... 90% of agreed price was paid yet the car was nowhere near ready for paint. There is no way the car could have been done with the remaining amount..
So, the car, for all practical purposes has been sold, what I paid for it originally plus money spent at body shop.. Doesn't include the cost of parts.. I will turn this winged car Mopar-page and go down another path... Who knows..

Here is the yellow-feathered Mopar as she sits patiently waiting for its next home. Then pictures loaded up and heading back towards home. The car will be going to a very good home and WILL see its glory again, just not with my constructive hands.

This sucks....... I am tired..... 😞 Sorry Allen..

Thanks all. The Superbird is sold. I will be discrete about that.. I sold it about 2 hours after all this went down... I s6ort of broke even with the purchase price and the cash invested in it, but not the misc sheet metal I bought. I am getting something else, but I will share that after it happens, don't wanna jinx it. But, I will say that one is a beautiful running driving car and the other is a cool running/driving project. Life is too short for [censored] to be handed you. Communication and integrity are important, especially the later. That is one of the personal characteristics I honor most. Like Marcel said, Karma is a [censored].. I wanna thank Dave Points for helping me go get the ole' Bird. But again, where the car is going will be in REAL good hands.. I have a personal history with this person. Stay away from Elvis Rod Shop in Crockett, Texas..

FB_IMG_1517739207066.jpgFB_IMG_1517739200754.jpgFB_IMG_1517739194148.jpgFB_IMG_1517739188125.jpg
Last edited by hemi68charger; 02/05/18 11:02 AM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)