SS springs are rated for specific weight race cars. For a compliant ride on a street strip car, go with a SS spring rated at about 500 lbs lighter than your car.

I use a pair of 3200 lbs passenger side springs on both my 3700lbs A-Body and E-Body and the ride, handling and launch is the best I've found in decades of trying different set-ups. I also lubricate all suspension and shock mounts with synthetic disc brake grease, as it dramatically decreases sticktion and increases ride compliance without damaging rubber, polyurethane or plastic.

Billstein and Koni shocks are good choices. Expensive double adjustable shocks are hit and miss, as the range of adjustability can include the settings that will work for your car or miss them. Its not easy to adjust shocks properly in the first place.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)