Originally Posted By CokeBottleKid
Hey guys I have a friend that's looking at a 2006 SRT-8 Charger, has a bunch of miles on it was curious about what common issues these cars may have.

In my search I've only found tie rods like to go out and there's some TSB on a leaking trans o-ring. I noticed in the pic this car (and many other hemi cars) has a sludgey coolant bottle, are head gasket issues common?

We had an 06 Charger SRT8-purchased brand new and put around 135,000 miles on it. The coolant and trans issue got fixed early on, 2500 mi I think. Biggest problem was the fuel gauge read only 1/2 full when filled. This was at 118,000 mi. Changing both fuel pumps solved the problem-easy enough to change though-both pumps right under the back seat. I also had to change the shifter mechanism as it would jam up sometimes. This was at around 75,000 mi. No head gasket issues at all, no engine issues either, in fact the car never left us stranded in 9 yrs of ownership. When we traded it in the original battery was still there. Very solid car, I kinda wish we had kept it.

73 Challenger 340(416),E-heads, 727, 3.23 SG
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT dually 4X4
2016 Challenger Hellcat Redline Red A8