The problem is, Chrysler advertised compression was usually a full point higher than as-built compression. Maybe some engine combinations were closer, but there are a lot of 440s running around with compression in the low 7s.

Since I have all the money in the world (yours) I would disassemble the entire engine and measure everything. Then I'd buy a new set of aftermarket connecting rods. They are usually 6.760 rather than 6.768, the blueprint dimension. Measure the head cc and the block deck height. Then you can decide what compression height piston to buy, to get to zero deck.

With zero deck, compressed gasket thickness, valve pocket volume and head chamber volume you can figure out what your compression ratio is. It'll probably be too high for pump gas. Then you figure out how many ccs of dish to cut in the piston top.

With oversize, compression height, dish volume in hand, you go to piston manufacturer and get a custom set made.

Now you're getting somewhere.

Back in the day custom piston manufacturers were few and far between. So most of the time you were left trying to jerryrig a shelf stock forged piston into a space where it didn't belong, like using a Ford 460 piston in a 400 Mopar block. Or you were stuck with whatever TRW or Sealed Power made for your engine. It doesn't make sense to do this any more.

R.