As some of you know, I run the Flex-a-Form fiberglass leafs... mono-design, lightweight (approx 10 pounds each)... I discussed with Flex-a-Form my desires and intentions (SCCA autocrossing... national-level competition, class E/SP)... they wanted the 4-corner weights of the car particularly as I'd be driving/competing. From that figure, they recommended 225 pounds per inch, with a 5" in free arch (uncompressed)... settled at about 1-1/2" arch (compressed, but later settled flatter after a few months. Poly front/rear bushings. If I'd do it again, I would go slightly stiffer (~250 with a 4" arch, which would still settle close to flat after a while. The fiberglass leafs are supposed to give quicker response/reaction. I've been pleased... have run these on the car since mid-late 1980s.

Keep in mind, that I also run 1.24" diameter torsion bars (rated at 425 pounds per inch... after trying several smaller TBs), and I have adjustable Koni shocks, and the car's main intention is competition autocrossing (pylon and hi-speed tracks)... and its still comfortble on the highway cruising (avoiding streets with rough surfaces).

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 01/17/18 05:02 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!